Ubuntu 24.04
Add Reply
Jack
2024-04-25 03:30:00 UTC
Ubuntu 24.04 will hit the shelves today and according to OMGUbuntu
website there are major changes to look out for. He has listed some at
this link:

<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-lts-20-changes-to-look-out-for>

The beta changes were these:

<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-beta-released>

I suspect all the beta features have survived in the RTM version.

Good luck and post your views about this new release.
Kyonshi
2024-04-25 07:21:44 UTC
Post by Jack
Ubuntu 24.04 will hit the shelves today and according to OMGUbuntu
website there are major changes to look out for. He has listed some at
<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-lts-20-changes-to-look-out-for>
<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-beta-released>
I suspect all the beta features have survived in the RTM version.
Good luck and post your views about this new release.
the shelves? do they even still make physical media?
--
microblog: https://dice.camp/@kyonshi
macroblog: https://gmkeros.wordpress.com
pictures: https://portfolio.pixelfed.de/kyonshi
Big Al
2024-04-26 13:05:37 UTC
Post by Kyonshi
Ubuntu 24.04 will hit the shelves today and according to OMGUbuntu website there are major changes
<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-lts-20-changes-to-look-out-for>
<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-beta-released>
I suspect all the beta features have survived in the RTM version.
Good luck and post your views about this new release.
the shelves? do they even still make physical media?
Ubuntu seems to be really active on releases.
See Distro Watch and look at their list of releases.
Kubuntu 24.10
Ubuntu Studio 24.04
Ubuntu Budgie 24.4
Ubuntu Cinnamon 24.04
Ubuntu MATE 24.04
Xubuntu 24.04
Lubuntu 24.04
Ubuntu 24.04 (of course)
--
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon 6.0.4 Kernel 5.15.0-105-generic
Al
Kyonshi
2024-04-26 14:06:42 UTC
Post by Big Al
Post by Kyonshi
Post by Jack
Ubuntu 24.04 will hit the shelves today and according to OMGUbuntu
website there are major changes to look out for. He has listed some
<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-lts-20-changes-to-look-out-for>
<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-beta-released>
I suspect all the beta features have survived in the RTM version.
Good luck and post your views about this new release.
the shelves? do they even still make physical media?
Ubuntu seems to be really active on releases.
See Distro Watch and look at their list of releases.
Kubuntu 24.10
Ubuntu Studio 24.04
Ubuntu Budgie 24.4
Ubuntu Cinnamon 24.04
Ubuntu MATE 24.04
Xubuntu 24.04
Lubuntu 24.04
Ubuntu 24.04 (of course)
well, yeah, they do a release every half a year for all of them.
it's kinda easy to be active if you release something on a 6 month
schedule.

How much they actually change is I guess a bit up for debate. I remember
a few where besides cosmetic changes nothing obvious really changed. On
the other hand that's better for people who need a stable work
environment. (hint towards Microsoft...)
Big Al
2024-04-26 14:23:37 UTC
Post by Kyonshi
Post by Big Al
Post by Kyonshi
[...]
In reading the article above, seems the replaced a few apps, installer for one. At least revamped.
Sounds like it would be fun to dump into a VM and play with, just to get the feel in my case.
--
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon 6.0.4 Kernel 5.15.0-105-generic
Al
Kyonshi
2024-04-26 17:16:57 UTC
Post by Big Al
Post by Kyonshi
Post by Big Al
Post by Kyonshi
Post by Jack
[...]
It always is fun playing with a new distro. I'd use Xubuntu, had a lot
of success with that on various computers overtime. Really nice and
sleek system.
Jasen Betts
2024-04-26 23:05:36 UTC
Post by Big Al
Post by Kyonshi
Ubuntu 24.04 will hit the shelves today and according to OMGUbuntu website there are major changes
<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-lts-20-changes-to-look-out-for>
<https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/04/ubuntu-24-04-beta-released>
I suspect all the beta features have survived in the RTM version.
Good luck and post your views about this new release.
the shelves? do they even still make physical media?
Ubuntu seems to be really active on releases.
See Distro Watch and look at their list of releases.
Kubuntu 24.10
Ubuntu Studio 24.04
Ubuntu Budgie 24.4
Ubuntu Cinnamon 24.04
Ubuntu MATE 24.04
Xubuntu 24.04
Lubuntu 24.04
Ubuntu 24.04 (of course)
They're all the same distro just with different pre-configurations
--
Jasen.
🇺🇦 Слава Україні