cifs : Resources temporarily unavalailable
RobH
2024-04-14 13:02:48 UTC
I have a cifs share in my /etc/fstab file

/192.168.0.42/Music /mnt/Media/music
cifs,username=uname,password=passworduid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,noperm

After it is mounted?? and then I do df -h

df: /mnt/Media/music: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Ok, but the music files are actually mounted on my computer from my NAS
drive.
So why the message?

Thanks
Paul
2024-04-14 16:50:56 UTC
Post by RobH
I have a cifs share in my /etc/fstab file
/192.168.0.42/Music /mnt/Media/music cifs,username=uname,password=passworduid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,noperm
After it is mounted?? and then I do df -h
df: /mnt/Media/music: Resource temporarily unavailable.
Ok, but the music files are actually mounted on my computer from my NAS drive.
So why the message?
Thanks
Only the server at the other end, from moment to moment,
knows "used_clusters" versus "total_clusters", assuming
this is NTFS storage on the server end.

You can dynamically expand NTFS during runtime, and then
a server share can report to you, the new statistics,
but only if you ask.

For that matter, even if you aren't using a mount, there
could be a routine in Linux which, in effect, "pings"
storage devices. You might see a local disk drive light
flash, when it does not need to flash. This has been
a problem in the past with DVD players, where the player
may spin up a bit because the OS pinged it.

Paul
RobH
2024-04-14 17:41:22 UTC
Post by Paul
Post by RobH
[...]
Ok thanks for the explanation, so it's nothing to bother about in a way
that it may not be working as such, because it is.
Gordon
2024-04-15 05:03:17 UTC
Post by RobH
Post by Paul
Post by RobH
[...]
There is a saying that you can not believe all that you read. With AI
powering up believing what you read on the screen need a good source of
salt.